Become a new or even better Celebrant
Understand the obvious and subtle layers of a ceremony whether you're new or experienced.Purchase Training
The Consultation & Celebrancy Training
This comprehensive and insightful training is for people who are interested in Celebrancy.
Become a Celebrant, an even better Celebrant to assist families and communities, or organize a funeral ceremony. This training provides educational and experiential resources for you to consider, embrace, and practice and includes the aspects involved in consulting with the dying person or the family of those dying. Additionally, it deepens your understanding of ceremony, the subtle and obvious journey you take the people on, and teaches you how to take them into a healthier bereavement.
A person who guides and supports the bereaved through a carefully crafted healing ceremony, and consults with the family to create a meaningful and appropriate ceremony for the dead person and the bereaved. The Celebrant's aims is to ensure people leave feeling better than they did when they arrived.
10 modules (available for 30 days from date of purchase)
3½ hours total viewing time
You will understand:
- your own inherent capacity to do ceremony, death, and bereavement well
- the stages involved in the continuum of illness, dying, death, after-death care, body disposal, ceremony, loss & bereavement
- the aspects of the role of a Celebrant
- the importance of communication, language and listening skills
- how to consult with the dying person and the bereaved
- how to prepare and draft a working consultation document
- the structure and content for a death ceremony as a Rite of Passage
- the subtle emotional journey underlying the whole ceremony
- how to create and deliver a meaningful and healing ceremony
- how ceremony can influence loss and facilitate healthier bereavement
- how to charge a fair and sustainable fee for your services
Introduction to Celebrancy
Core elements & self care
Continuum of life
Ways to die
Emotional journey of the ceremony
Set up considerations
What people say...
Zoom with Zenith
Zenith is now offering individual personal sessions for people who are dying, people caring for the dying, and professionals who are working with any aspect of end-of-life matters and looking to enrich their skills or knowledge.
You choose how to spend the time and what the conversation covers.Learn more
Explore our other training options and find out which one is right for you.
This training is for everyone, personal and professional alike. Whether you are dying, caring for someone, or looking to enhance your life skills, it provides educational and real experiential resources on the aspects involved in the role of a Deathwalker. It is tailored to empower you and those around you to be informed, and have an optimal experience through dying, death and bereavement.
Building on structure and content, delve deeper to more courageously craft your language and approach to create healing ceremonies involving complex and challenging deaths. Recommended only for those who have completed the Consultation & Ceremony Training or the equivalent in-person training with Zenith Virago as it builds on the knowledge gained in those trainings.
Subscribe to our newsletter to be informed of news, updates, and more.